Have you ever wondered, “Damn, where would I be now if I didn’t give up on my dream?” You’re not the only one. Betraying yourself by fearing rejection, or even fearing success, is a hard pill to swallow.
Join me as I talk with Rolando Sanchez, Performance Evaluator at Field Verified and former baseball coach and scout, about his journey to entering the trades and how he turned his fear of rejection into success and fulfillment.
After college, Rolando became a high school substitute teacher and paraprofessional who also coached baseball. He ended up returning to his alma mater to be an admissions counselor, as well as to coach baseball, and his coaching career kept growing and evolving. Though, somewhere along the way, he began wondering, “Where would I be now if I didn’t give up on playing baseball?”
Eventually, he got laid off after two months in his dream scouting position. That’s when he entered the construction industry, but not without some hesitation. Now, having been in construction for a year, he’s discovered the way he best serves others. That’s the magic that turns crumbs into cake.
Tune in to learn more about Rolando’s fascinating journey in baseball and construction and how the two have fueled his passion for learning and educating others.
What You’ll Learn in This Episode:
· There’s always a windy road that leads to a fulfilling career in construction.
· The importance of building relationships in your field and treating people with respect.
· The ideal personality traits of a trades professional: Resilience, courage, and enthusiasm.
· What it’s like entering the construction field after being in a totally different field.
· What’s fun about working in construction?
· Where Rolando sees his career going in the future.
· The power of discovering the way you serve people best.
· To learn Rolando’s Learning and Misstep, tune in on YouTube & SUBSCRIBE: https://youtu.be/PRDoRLBbW1k
Check out my NEW book, Lean & Love – 5S Love Letters: A #NoBS Look Into How Your Relationships Create #RipplesOfImpact at https://www.depthbuilder.com/5s
Connect with Rolando:
Connect with him on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/rolando-sanchez-694841221
Field Verified: https://fieldverified.com
Here are some great episodes to start with.